Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Whole Crew

My indifference seethed. After hours of studying agency and partnership law, my attention span was going to need heroic measures. I've got a living will. Explicitly states no heroic measures. I set a&p law aside and perused the Internet news.

Skilling and Lay are going to be getting ass raped for the rest of their lives. A rare justice sighting.

Hoffa searchers start digging under a barn in suburban Detroit. Whoever killed him is dead. Why is this is so important to people? Who killed Hoffa? I don't know, but he's probably dead--assuming one person killed him.

Kelvin Sampson made some naughty phone calls to recruits. Oooooh, not that. The NCAA sucks. National Communists Against Athletes. Fuck 'em.

McDonald's CEO derides Fast Food "fiction." Does he? Excuse me, Mr. CEO. Do you eat your own food? Not likely.

Amazing. It's amazing what passes as news.

I logged onto MSN IM. Everyone is on: Trev, Eddie, Randy, Kenny--which is odd because he's a chef-- Rick, and Seth.

A message pops up that I've been invited to a conversation. Cool.

Randy: What's up, man?

Me: A&P brain freeze.

Randy: Agency and Partnership sucks.

Eddie: Cut the foreplay. We're thinking about meeting down at Harpo's for some brews. You in?

I checked the time and

Me: Fer sher.

Me: Trev, are you all recovered?

Trev: Good enough. Your remedy is the key to the lock.

Me: So you're gonna make it?

Trev: Yep.

Me: Cool. I need a shower, and then I will head down. See everyone in about an hour.

I logged off. My cell phone rings. It's Trev.

"What up, Trev?Miss me?" I laugh.

"Nah, you're built all wrong for the job. Did you notice that the entire crew is going to be out tonight?"

The stars have aligned perfectly. This is going to get ugly.

No comments: