Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Difference Without Distinction

Humor comes at the most unexpected times. It's four in the morning when the clock radio goes off. Instead of the customary frantic searching of, and then pounding, the "off" button, I didn't even open my eyes. I just laid there and wondered how much coffee you have to drink to be obnoxiously happy at 4 in the morning. That's when I started really listening to the show, and simply couldn't believe the topic of discussion. Usher or Justin Timberlake, who do you prefer? What?! I couldn't help but snicker a bit. Then the snicker evolved into a chuckle. Then the chuckle became full on laughter.

If you have minute, could you point out the difference? Sure, one is black and the other white, but find me a difference between these chuckleheads. Both have adopted the boutique goes commercial look as their own "personal" style. They sing the same type of music, and possess the same voice range--limited. Apparently, both idolize Michael Jackson, which is disturbing on more than one level. But hilarious nonetheless. And, finally, it seems they use the same choreographer. So the only real difference I can find is that they are of different races, and here are three DJ's really debating who is better. Maybe I was still tired, but I laid there laughing about that for about ten minutes. After recovering from my paroxysm of laughter. I turned off the alarm clock, washed the face, brushed the teeth, pulled on some sweats and headed to the gym. Hilarious. I can't wait to hear what these clowns talk about tomorrow.

No comments: