Saturday, May 27, 2006

Serenity

Today is pleasantly prosaic. I awoke without the headbanger. Meandered into the kitchen and started brewing a pot of coffee. While Mr. Coffee was doing his thing I absently scratched the cat behind his ears, and grabbed him some Pounce cat treats. His one true love. Checked on Sam who was stretching languidly and emerging from a good night's sleep.

"Hey, beautiful," I say.

"Hey," she says reaching for the remote. She turns on the morning news. "Crap," she says.

"We haven't been up long enough for it to be anything serious. What's the problem?"

"It's going to be 90 freaking degrees today. That sucks." We have differing opinions on weather. I like it hot, she hates it. But we both agree; we should go to the gym right now before it gets too hot in there.


Just got back from the gym. Good workout. We made some sandwiches for lunch, and Sam's crashed on the love seat. The cat's curled up by the stereo. Perfect.

I fire up the computer. Checked my Email. Nothing too exciting. I check the Internet news. CNN.com, Truthout.org, Washington Post. A serene day in the news, too. I notice that MSN has a link to a site that does personality tests. I take it. It has some interesting results.



It says you can just mouse over different areas of the personality dna strip and it provides an explanation.



The gumballs on the phone again. Trev's calling.

No comments: