Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Suburban Sprawl

The Analytical Workshop was helpful. I realized that a meandering style of writing, concerning myself with euphony and literary style, is as out of place in legal writing as a Stradivarius at a rock concert. Honestly, in comparison, my writing resembled suburban sprawl. Banal, vague and sucking the life out of a vibrant downtown community as I set up one cookie cutter subdivision after the next. In legal writing that downtown community is called legal analysis. Meandering about setting up big box stores and fast food franchises distracting the grader is a good way to fail the bar. It looks meaningless, vague and disorganized to someone who's looking for analysis. So they never make it downtown, and you fail. Believe me, there are a myriad of things you would rather be doing with your Summer than studying for the bar. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. I could be watering my lawn and get eaten by an alligator.

Tomorrow: The Persuasive Workshop. The anticipation is killing me. I might wet myself.

No comments: