Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I Almost Forgot

I felt like I went to Starbucks. Know what I mean? I wanted coffee, got coffee and it tasted like coffee. But there was nothing spectacular about the coffee, and I paid way too much. Derailed, starring Jennifer Anniston and Clive Owen, left me feeling the same way. I wanted a movie, got a movie, but there was nothing spectacular about it. In fact, the story was Fatal Attraction with a twist. Kinda like Cajun meatloaf. Only difference is that I went to Blockbuster, so I didn't overpay for the meatloaf. I just bought a cliche at a cliche.

Anyway, I realized that I haven't updated my measurements for this deprivation-free fat loss quest. This past weekend, my waist measured 33 inches. I weighed 210.5 and my bodyfat checked in at 7.1. So the weight loss is slow, but I seem to be steadily losing fat, and there ain't nothing wrong with that. Actually, I don't expect to lose a great deal of weight. In fact, if everything goes well, I won't get under 205 pounds. I am using Charles Staley's Escalating Density Program to put on some muscle and lean out. So far, it is delivering the goods. A couple of people in the gym have mentioned that I look bigger and leaner. Plus, wifey says I look bigger. So I feel good about my progress to date. Leaner, but bigger. I am hopeful that the deprivation-free approach to fat loss works out. There is nothing more satisfying than calling bullshit in the presence of convetional wisdom.

No comments: