Thursday, October 27, 2005

Once again

Uh-huh. Just as I thought. My back feels the same way my chest does. Yeowch. Such is life. In better news: My legs feel better, and I didn't have to cajole and guilt myself out of bed this morning. Starting to get some momentum going. Wash the face, brush the teeth and hit the gym.

I got after shoulders this morning. Only three exercises. I don't think shoulders need as much direct work because they get some secondary stimulation from back and chest work--in the event you care what I think. So, three exercises: Dumbbell lateral raises, dumbbell front raises, and barbell upright rows. I combined the first two exercises into compound sets. Six sets, 15 reps each with a 30 second rest in between sets. Upright rows; six sets, 15 reps each with a 30 second rest in between each set. Got a nice burn and headed towards the treadmill. Oh, goodie.

I like to run, but you have to break it up. Otherwise, you run the risk of death by boredom--especially on a treadmill. So today I did some interval training. I'm still trying to get my heart rate off the ceiling. Also, I did 45 minutes this morning. I think 45-60 is the optimum range for burning fat. Anyhow, I got that out of the way and commenced to eating. Rah-rah.

Meal 1: One tbls olive oil. One cup egg whites and one serving oatmeal. One multivitamin.

Meal 2: Meal replacement shake

Meal 3: Eight ounces Orange Roughy.One tbls. Olive oil. One cup broccoli and one serving brown rice.

Meal 4: Meal replacement shake. One tbls flaxseed oil

Meal 5: Eight ounces roasted turkey breast. Three tbls fat-free gravy (packet). Two cups salad with Romaine lettuce. Two tbls Red Wine vinaigrette salad dressing.

Also, I drank a gallon of water. I am going to increase my water intake. I feel thirsty pretty frequently during the day, which can't be good.

Well, that's all I have today.

Incidentally, Saturdays are epochal for a couple of reasons. First, it's measurement day. I will weigh myself and take inventory to chart my progress. Also, I plan to have a couple of cheat meals on Saturdays--if not a break all together from the diet. So tomorrow and then Saturday I will see what, if any, adjustments I need to make. Okay, time to get some sleep.

Later.

No comments: