Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Early In The Morning


It's 5:30 AM and I am wondering if "aggressive goal setting" is a euphemism for hubris. Drop 14 pounds of fat by the New Year. During the holidays? Some might question my humility, sanity or both. Well, since you can't back off a goal once you set it, it's time to get down to business.

Cranking up the MP3 player I make my way to the dumbells. A little chest work. I haven't been in here for awhile, so I'll leave the heroics to someone else. Setting the chronograph, the goal is to knock out 24 sets--10 reps each-- in 30 minutes. The exercises: Dumbell bench presses, incline flyes, cable crossovers, and Hammer Smith presses. I finish just under 30 minutes. My chest is mad at me--super pissed, actually. Oh well, if you want to make an omelette, you have to break a few eggs. Or something like that. Next up is cardio.

Thirty minutes on the treadmill. It's during the first 10 minutes when Mr. Altitude starts in. Damn, that was rugged. 3.11 miles in 30 minutes with Mr. Altitude riding my back most of the way. Oh well, glad that's over. I'm sure my legs will love me in the morning. The price of doing business, I suppose. Gotta get home and start the hard part--the diet. For some reason bacon, eggs--over easy, please--and hashbrowns strike me as inimical to my fat loss goals. That sucks, but what're gonna do?

Okay, here's the long and short of it.

Meal 1: One cup of egg white substitute (because I don't have the patience to separate the egg whites from the yolk myself. Plus, it seems like a waste) with a serving of oatmeal

Meal 2: A meal replacement shake

Meal 3: Two servings of brown rice with tuna. Gotta love it.

Meal 4: Meal replacement shake with a tablespoon of flaxseed oil

Meal 5: Chicken breast with broccoli.

Well, that's all for the today. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: