Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Day Two

Sweet mercy. Groggily I roll to turn the alarm off and wince as I reach for the clock. My chest is on fire. The price of sloth. My legs exact their cost as well. Momentarily, I consider going back to sleep, and then remember that is why I feel the way I do. So I drag my behind to the bathroom, wash my face and brush my teeth. Finished with that I throw on the workout gear, grab the MP3 player and head to the gym.

Today is back day. The drill is the same as yesterday: Do 24 sets--10 reps each--in 30 minutes or under. The exercises: Lat pulldowns to the front, cable rows, Hammer Strength Lat Iso machine, and dumbbell rows. I finish up and realize that I am a prophet. My back is going to feel the same way my chest does. Oh well. On to cardio.

I climb on the treadmill and Mr. Altitude and I have a conversation that's frighteningly similar to the one we had yesterday. I read that it takes two weeks to fully adjust to the altitude after a layoff. That sucks. Anyway, I cover 3.14 miles in 30 minutes. A slight improvement over yesterday. Baby steps, baby steps. Time to head home for some fine cuisine.

Meal 1: One cup egg white substitute. One tablespoon olive oil. Two cups broccoli.

Meal 2: Meal replacement shake

Meal 3: Nine ounces chicken breast and two cups green beans

Meal 4: Meal replacement shake with a tablespoon of flaxseed oil

Meal 5: Eight ounces flank steak with a spinach salad and two tablespoons of light Italian dressing.

Well, there it is. Day two in the books. Talk to you tomorrow.

No comments: