Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Myspace, Facebook, And Other Annoyances

So anyways, last night Trev and I drank 2 or 20 cocktails. Naturally, that amount of alcohol doesn't exactly inspire high brow conversation.

"Dude, what's up with commercials anymore," Trevor seemed to ask out of nowhere, but then I realized I'd been spacing off.

"What, how annoying they are," I asked.

"No, they've always been fucking annoying because they just barge in and start selling you shit you don't want or need. Now they're nails being drug across the blackboard, or a drippy faucet."

"No shit. I'd do anything to make those free credit report dot com commercials go away. Seriously, when they come on, I immediately change the channel." We laughed.

"No," he says, "Vonage. That commercial makes me wanna kick someone's ass. It's enough that they're lying to me, but then they start in with the orange and that boing noise, and the line that I know is not there...ugh."

"Right, like it's a toy or something. I hate that commercial, but I hate the new Bud Light commercials even more. The ones that everyone freezes and this tool starts tarding me out. Drawing stupid analogies about shit that doesn't have anything to do with anything," I said, "All I can think is, 'please, make it stop.'"

"No, speaking of annoying," Trev was going to change subjects and it wasn't going to be pretty, "fucking old people and Facebook."

"I have to admit," I started, "I'm at a loss. I don't do Whorespace or Facebook."

"I know, you're too cool or whatthefuckever, but you get these fossils on there who can't operate their TV remote, and they open a Facebook account. Jesus Christ in a cardigan! Stay away from the goddamn computer, gramps."

I laughed, lifted my beer and said, "Well, here's no to free credit report dot com, Vonage, Bud Light, and old people on Facebook." It was right about here we knocked back our 12th Guinness, I think. It could've been the 15th, not sure. I ain't making it up.

No comments: