Sunday, November 02, 2008

Mio Watch

So anyway, I went to the mall yesterday. I needed to buy a new sport watch. The wristband to my Nike watch, after less than a year, snapped off in a manner that makes it irreparable. So I went to Sports Authority to buy a new sports watch. And because this is the second time this has happened, I wasn't going to buy another Nike sports watch, and neither should you.

I settled on a Mio Watch. It's like a personal trainer on your wrist, or so they say. I'm not certain how I feel about that. Whenever I think of personal trainers, I think of some meat head screaming at me, and me slapping the shit out of him with a dumbbell. Then, a trial that ends up with a face-to-face meeting with Bubba. If it's all the same to you, I'll pass on incarceration. So I generally stay away from personal trainers.

But back to the watch. You enter your age, weight, fitness goal and all that. Then, it gives you a target for number of calories to be consumed in a day. It also tracks your heart rate and counts calories burned during your workout. So it seems like a pretty spiffy gadget. An unexpected spiffy gadget in my case. I was just looking for a sport watch that tracked my heart rate with reasonable accuracy. This thing is dead on accurate, which isn't creepy, or even creepish, but it is a creepism. I ain't making it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, not everyone can afford those really expensive engagement rings no matter how much you love your girl. It is not that you don’t love her enough. It is just that you cannot afford them. However you will be able to find cheap engagement rings jo redo watches here.