Monday, November 03, 2008

End of First Day

Anyways, this ends the first day with my new Mio. It's entertaining, and helpful, I think. I think because it's efficacy is still undetermined.

It will be a helpful gadget if it guides me towards meeting my stated goal of losing 2 lbs. this week. That means a weigh-in of 208 lbs. on Sat. morning.

If I have an issue thus far, it's the Net Calories feature. This is a helpful feature, I suppose, but I'm unsure what number to shoot for. To explain, they have a Target Calories to shoot for each day. Then, the instructions indicate that I should aim to consume that number of calories on that particular day. This is where my issue comes in.

In the next sentence, you're instructed to keep an eye on the calorie bar across the top of the watch. It gives you a visual graph of the number of calories consumed that counts towards your Net Calories for the day.

If your calorie bar gets full, or close to the end, you're instructed to eat less or exercise more to reduce your Net. So is the idea to simply keep the calorie bar from reaching full, and ignore your Target Number of calories? I ain't making it up.

By the way, I made this post from my phone. It only allows 1,000 characters. So if my explanation was a bit Delphic, I'm blaming it on Verizon.

No comments: